Does apple cider vinegar lower blood pressure? Stress, busy lifestyles and poor eating habits can weaken our immune systems. Stress not only takes away from our inner peace, but it can to early onset of many health issues, There is a safe, natural and affordable way to fight some of these issues and boost our immune systems.
Apple cider vinegar benefits are numerous. It is known for its miraculous medicinal properties in helping treat issues such as sore throat, colds and even pneumonia. But did you know that it also helps regulate blood pressure?
Apple cider vinegar contains magnesium, potassium and other minerals that aid in blood circulation. It also is essential in helping to balance our pH levels which will help control blood flow and volume. In the following article, we will discuss how to use apple cider vinegar to lower blood pressure as well as some other benefits. We have even included a recipe for homemade!
Apple Cider Vinegar to Lower High Blood Pressure
Our blood vessels work hard to help our blood flow to various parts of our body. The force of the blood flow creates a pressure in our arteries and veins. When this flow goes beyond the normal limit creating additional pressure, our blood pressure becomes higher than normal. ACV can play a crucial role in lowering our blood pressure.
As a Detox
ACV contains a great many minerals and vitamins that are essential for boosting the immune system, thus it makes more an excellent detoxifier. It seeks out the harmful oxygen radicals that can cause high blood pressure and increase the aging process. Hence, if you take the recommended amount daily it will not only detoxify your body, it will help give your skin a younger, healthy-looking glow!
To Help Reduce Stress
Anxiety attacks are most often caused by increased levels of adrenalin and serotonin. Additional stress can lead to a rapid increasing heartbeat which can cause a major spike your blood pressure. This can lead to a heart attack or stroke.
To help reduce secretion of serotonin and adrenalin you should take one or two tablespoons of ACV before every meal with either cold or hot water. This will lower your adrenaline and serotonin levels thus helping to prevent anxiety attacks.
To Help Lower the Risk of Type II Diabetes
High glucose levels are caused up excessive sugar intake coupled with the inability for insulin to properly metabolize sugar levels. High glucose levels can lead to one of the most difficult to manage diseases, Type II diabetes, which can harden your blood vessels, thus making it hard for blood to flow through. Recent studies have concluded that taking it regularly can greatly reduce our blood sugar levels.
To Help Lower Blood Cholesterol Levels
Do you know that apple cider vinegar is also a means how to get rid of cellulite? Unhealthy cholesterol levels can cause fat deposits to form on the blood vessel walls, thus causing issues with the blood flow. It has been scientifically proven that taken regularly, apple cider vinegar can significantly lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood stream, thus helping to regulate your blood pressure at the same time.
While it can be extremely beneficial, there are certain precautions, If you take more than the recommended amount it can damage your teeth enamel, weaken your bones and lower potassium. It is recommended that you rinse your mouth after consuming apple cider. It is also not recommended for those who suffer from gastro paresis as apple cider vinegar is extremely acidic and can cause serious issues.
Ways to Consume Apple Cider Vinegar for Blood Pressure
It is recommended to take ACV daily in some form. You should also consult your physician before adding it to part of your daily regime. The following suggestions are the most recommended methods of consuming the product on a daily basis to help regulate blood pressure. It is important to remember that this is not a miracle cure, so you still need to follow your doctor’s orders for your health and safety!
- If you have acidity issues, you can mix it in a glass of cold water with a teaspoon of baking soda which will reduce the acidity.
- Take one to two tablespoons of vinegar with hot or cold water. Some people even like to add a teaspoon to their herbal tea for easier consumption.
- It is recommended that taking it as soon as you get up in the morning is most beneficial. You may drink a glass of warm water with 2 tablespoons of vinegar or you may mix it with lemon juice and honey for a tastier (and healthy) alternative.
- You can also cook with Apple Cider Vinegar. Add it to your favorite foods to spice up your meal!
- For those who do not like the taste, it does come in a pill or capsule form which you can find at most pharmacies or health stores.
- In order prevent and alleviate low blood pressure. Mix a half of a glass of warm water with one teaspoon of it and lightly rub it on your shoulders, arms, stomach, legs, feet, back and chest.
Recipe of Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar
Of course you can purchase apple cider vinegar from your local grocer. Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar is the most recommended brand for its many health benefits. However, if you chose to make your own, we have included the following easy recipe!
- Mason Jar
- 2-3 Apples
- Thoroughly wash the apples
- Cut them into small cubes
- Place the apples into a wide-mouth glass jar, such as a mason jar
- Fill the jar with water into all the apple pieces are completely covered
- Cover the jar with cheesecloth
- Allow the jar to ferment for approximately six months
- After the 6 months, slowly and carefully remove the cheesecloth. Drain the liquid into a jar and there you go!
Apple Cider Vinegar and Blood Pressure: Video