Long hair with layers is an easy way to manage your hair that is also very stylish. A layered haircut has at least two layers with the shorter layers framing the face. You can opt for smooth ends with delicate feathers or blunt choppy ends.
The same goes for your bangs, you can have blunt cut bangs or choppy side swept bangs that fall dramatically across your face. And you are still able to pin them back if needed. You can experiment with different lengths and styles until you find the best layered haircut that works for your medium to long hair with layers.
- 1. Farrah’s Back Angel Wings
- 2. Angel Wings with Highlighted Curls
- 3. Chic and Smart Medium Bob
- 4. Feathered V-Layers
- 5. Medium Layers with Soft, Romantic Locks
- 6. Choppy, Flicked Out Hairstyle
- 7. Layered, Edgy Haircut
- 8. Medium Layers with Heavy, Straight Bangs
- 9. Breezy Medium Length Style
- 10. Choppy Mid-Length Waves
- 11. Blonde Bombshell Waves
- 12. Medium Layers for Thin or Fine Hair
- 13. Chestnut Hair with Soft Curls
- 14. Feathered Layered with Streaks
- 15. Medium Shag Cut with Bangs
- 16. Free yet Formal Mid-Length Layered Cut
- 17. Medium Layers with Heavy Ends
- 18. Medium Style with Stairsteps
- 19. Deep Dark Roots with Layers for Finer Hair
- 20. Mid Length Asymmetrical Graded Cut
1. Farrah’s Back Angel Wings
This look works great for those with thin or fine hair. This classic version is a bit longer than that classic style that was so popular in the 1970’s. Have the ends feathered with scissors and style with a round brush while blow drying till you get your desired texture and look.
2. Angel Wings with Highlighted Curls
Curly hair looks great with highlights. If you have thicker hair you should get chunky, balayage highlights to compliment and accentuate your gorgeous layers, adding more color and texture to your hair.
3. Chic and Smart Medium Bob
This hairstyle works great with straighter hair, with heavy cut bangs on a thick smooth hairstyle.
4. Feathered V-Layers
With short, feathered layers framing the face, this style is easily manageable. The eye will be drawn downward with the longer layers in the back.
5. Medium Layers with Soft, Romantic Locks
If you want to look feminine and stylish, soft bouncy curls will surely bring out that seductive look. If you want to rock these gorgeous curls, simply apply a curling foam or mousse to your locks and blow dry. Then define your curls with a curling iron to add some extra bounce!
6. Choppy, Flicked Out Hairstyle
Medium layered styles work best for an oval-shaped face and are very easy to style. Simply apply foam to your hair and blow dry it. If you want your hair to frame your face, shape with a round brush.
7. Layered, Edgy Haircut
This style will both eliminate split ends and boost volume with its edgy layers, making your face look both lively and healthy. This style is low maintenance and you can totally rock the messy, casual look which is all the rage these days.
8. Medium Layers with Heavy, Straight Bangs
If you want to accentuate your delicate neckline and gorgeous eyes, this look is for you. However, if you have wide cheekbones, you won’t want to opt for this cut as it will draw the eyes to that spot. If you have a longer, slim face, straight and heavy bangs are quite flattering.
9. Breezy Medium Length Style
This style works great for naturally thin hair. Strategically placed layers and side-swept long bangs make this careless look very stylish, especially if you raise your hair ever-so-slightly at the roots.
10. Choppy Mid-Length Waves
This cute layered style with longer side bangs adds more height when swept over to one side. If you want to add even more depth, add light blonde highlights.
11. Blonde Bombshell Waves
Smooth layers for either naturally curly or wavy blonde hair are always in style. Add red undertones for a more bold and dynamic look.
12. Medium Layers for Thin or Fine Hair
This adorable cut is longer than the classic bob cut and is a perfect style for those who wish to grow out their hair with its gradual layers that get longer toward the back, with just a subtle hint of feathers around the neck and chin.
13. Chestnut Hair with Soft Curls
Dark chocolate waves with subtle chestnut highlights will boost the volume of this medium haircut with layers. A random fringe makes a look fuller.
14. Feathered Layered with Streaks
Multicolored highlights are all the rage. This adorable cut with red, brown and blonde streaks toward the base of the neck add dimension and style to this straight, sleek style.
15. Medium Shag Cut with Bangs
This edgy look is flirty and fun. With thin light layers around the back and sides and combed down bangs, this look is bold and daring.
16. Free yet Formal Mid-Length Layered Cut
With its soft and delicate layers, this look is perfect for medium thickness. Add mid-tone brown high and lowlights to rock this style on any occasion.
17. Medium Layers with Heavy Ends
This style rocks three symmetrical layers and blunt cut bangs. And the heavy ends will bring out the natural beauty and thickness of your hair.
18. Medium Style with Stairsteps
If you prefer longer “creamy” layers with stair steps for your curly hair, this style will work great as your gorgeous tresses will be cut and styled to softly frame your face.
19. Deep Dark Roots with Layers for Finer Hair
These deep roots will add volume and texture to those with finer hair. The soft bangs can be worn in either a center or side-part.
20. Mid Length Asymmetrical Graded Cut
This stylish cut works great for straight hair and is low maintenance with its graded asymmetrical style.