Women from Afro-American region often struggle with stylish hairstyles for their natural curly hair. They either experience difficulty styling their hair or lack the length for natural hairstyles. They also may have extremely brittle and dry hair as a result from experimenting with numerous styling procedures and products. In some cases, the best solution is simply to get their hair cut shortly so they can start fresh with new and healthy hair growth. In the meantime, they are faced with the dilemma of trying to figure out how to come up with stylish and natural hairstyles. Have no fear; there are plenty of cute and stylish options for short natural hairstyles.
- Finger Coils: This hairstyle requires your hair to be healthy and shiny, and avocado hair mask can help you achieve it. Finger coils are an excellent option if you are looking for a short hairstyles for natural hair with lots of texture.
- Twists: Twists add natural volume and look stylish and elegant if you chose to wear them loose or in a fancy updo.
- Puffs: It is a variation on the standard bun. If you incorporate variations of braids and twists into your puff hairstyle, you can come up with some truly unique short natural hairstyles that are bound to catch the eyes of the crowd.
- Protective Updos: They are not only classy and elegant, but they also protect your hair from the elements.
- Fauxhawks/Mohawks: These two cuts never go out of fashion. They are perfect for women who like to make bold statements.
Below are some examples of the above natural hairstyles for short hair.
- 1. Afro American Frohawk
- 2. Short Twist Out
- 3. Short Sassy Hairstyles
- 4. Natural Waves
- 5. Sectioned Mohawk with Small Coils
- 6. Double Bun and Braids
- 7. Curly Icicles
- 8. Modern and Short Natural Haircuts
- 9. Sophisticated Twists
- 10. Sleek Finger Coils
- 11. Flat Twists, Asymmetrical Style
- 12. High Bun with Thick Short Curls
- 13. Layered Curls
- 14. Individual Braids
- 15. Flat Twist with Twist Out
- 16. Short and Curly Hair with Closely Clipped Sides
- 17. Natural Twisted Up Style
- Short Natural Hairstyles 2018: Video Ideas
1. Afro American Frohawk
Mohawks are always a “go-to” for those who want to spice up their hair with a fun and unique look. If you are leery of making such a bold statement, this Frohawk is a chic alternative to a standard mohawk. It still has the edginess of a Mohawk, without the commitment.
2. Short Twist Out
If you are tired of your everyday afro, you aren’t the only one. Most women who opt for the natural look get bored with their curls and want to experiment with new styles. A twist out is a simple yet stylish solution. You can always pin one side up to add a more dramatic effect.
3. Short Sassy Hairstyles
The first rule of a short natural hairstyles is to use products that prevent hair loss and are made for your specific hair type and curl style and texture. But in general, curly hair is short and easy to maintain. Wash and go is a great style for those with naturally curly hair.
4. Natural Waves
Soft waves may have been a trend in the past, but they are making a comeback with African American women. If you brush your curls it will add extra length and volume. This natural style is great for a night out on the town as it bursts with style.
5. Sectioned Mohawk with Small Coils
For those who can’t pull their hair back into a ponytail, you can pin it into a Mohawk to keep your hair away from your face without struggling to get your shorter hair into a ponytail or bun. For a unique style, add a parted design. Or if you want to be a little more daring, add some spikes.
6. Double Bun and Braids
For a fun and natural updo, combine two adjacent front buns with chunky cornrows to get a stunning look. This contemporary style can easily transition from daytime casual to elegant.
7. Curly Icicles
To tame unruly hair and ease excessive volume, shape your hair into firm coils. This style can be worn both casually and elegantly with random coils sticking out to express a rowdy and daring sense of style.
8. Modern and Short Natural Haircuts
Honestly, very short hair leaves little room for the inconvenience and requires little to no maintenance or styling time. Those with the right-shaped face for short hair can rock this short sassy haircuts with little effort.
9. Sophisticated Twists
This hairstyle is both sophisticated and protective, yet is quite easy to master. Its simple twists of varying thicknesses simply twisted together and steered over to one side.
10. Sleek Finger Coils
Glossy finger coils combine both charm and carelessness for an air of grace. You can add pastel flowers to make your dark hair and facial features pop. Why not show off your gorgeous eyes?
11. Flat Twists, Asymmetrical Style
For a neat and refined look, opt for flat twists. Keep one side of your hair sleek with a flat twist and guide your curls to the other side for an elegant and fun look.
12. High Bun with Thick Short Curls
The bun never goes out of style for an elegant and trendy everyday look. This style works great for those who have curly, thick hair. Leave a few loose, messy pieces to add some attitude.
13. Layered Curls
If you want your short curls to have more life, have them layered to make them look natural and add some bounce. A jet black color will add definition to curls for a simple style that fits any occasion.
14. Individual Braids
If you are looking for a go-to protective style, braids are more versatile than twists and flat cornrows. Add a cute accessory like a thick hair-band for those with shorter hair. You can rock this style year-round.
15. Flat Twist with Twist Out
The twist out is an easy way to style short hair without the use of heat. Naturalists who want a protective style opt for this low maintenance hairstyle that can even be slept on without messing up the curls. This hairstyle is also a great way to protect the edges of your hair from breakage.
16. Short and Curly Hair with Closely Clipped Sides
If you want to show off your confident and sexy side, this wild and curly style will make a seductive statement, longer bangs in the front with tapered curls in the back adds a sense of mystery. You can rock this look on a night out on the town or on a romantic evening at home.
17. Natural Twisted Up Style
Bored of “wash and go” hair? Add a few twists along your hairline. Twists are cute short natural hairstyles for various types of texture, as well as any length of hair. For those who are a bit wary of natural Afro American hairstyles, this is a quick and easy way to add some “oomph” to an ordinary afro.
Short Natural Hairstyles 2018: Video Ideas
Photos from Instagram.com